Friday, December 9, 2011

It looks like Christmas!!

It isn't just beginning to look a lot like Christmas here, it already does!! There are Christmas lights down so many streets (my favorites being the red, white and green Italian-flag Christmas lights spanning close to the entire width of the street and going all the way down Via del Corso, one of the main shopping streets in all of Rome).

Too, they have these things called Christmas markets, which I had never heard of before. I went to check out the one I kept hearing about, located in Piazza Navona, and it was almost like a taste of home! It was set up just like a small carnival or fair with stands lined up in rows and lit up by florescent lights. They had a carousel, food stands that sold Nutella crepes and these giant donut-looking things that seemed to be very popular, and then they also had games and vendors. The games were much like those of an American carnival (hit the balloon with the dart, etcetera) and then the vendor booths were very unique. You could buy jewelry or leather notebooks, big hanging lights or even nativities. That stand stood out to me the most - it was an entire stand devoted to the selling of Christmas nativities. In a phrase, it seemed to me to be an American-style carnival similar to those we have back home but with a definite Italian twist to it. :) It was so much fun!

What made it even better, too, was the fact that I got a Nutella crepe for my journey to check out the festival. A restaurant worker recommended a good crepe place and he was right! It was quite delicious and made the whole experience even better.

It's already December 10th! Where has the time gone?! I feel the Christmas spirit getting stronger and stronger and I couldn't love it more.

Love and Style,
L.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment