Thursday, December 1, 2011

Schoooool.

This semester's school schedule while in Rome has been so fantastic for many reasons regarding schedule, yet one thing in particular that has been so nice for me is having no class on Fridays! I have not yet been able to successfully plan my schedule at my home university to have Fridays off (though it seems as if eeeveryone else is able to do that just fine), so having this semester without class on Friday has been a real treat.

However, now I'm spoiled.

I don't ever want to have class on Fridays again, and on the rare occasion that we do have to go to class on a Friday while here, for a field trip or makeup class, etcetera, it is a near dreaded event. Like tomorrow, for instance. This coming Thursday we have off of school because of a national holiday (Immaculate Conception), just like we had All Saints Day off of school because it, too, is a national holiday here in Italy. However, I'm guessing it is because our program is so short anyways, they cannot simply let us have the day totally off, rather, we have to go in on Friday (as we did for All Saints Day make-up) and have a make-up day for the day we are going to get off.

Thus, I don't want to go to class tomorrow! I've become so accustomed to having Thursday nights be the start of my weekend that having to go to class tomorrow is not something I'm loving. Honestly and truly, this is not a big deal. However, I've much enjoyed all of my Roman Fridays off, having time to catch up on all of the sleep I've not been getting during all of the excitement, as well as getting an extra day to go out and explore the city in ways that I normally may have deemed that I didn't have time for.

But as they say here in Italy: Basta! It's a saying that I have come to like a lot; it means "enough!" So enough with my ranting and off to bed. I actually have to get up for class tomorrow. Purtroppo! :)

Buona notte!

Love and Style,
L.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment