Sunday, July 3, 2011

I heart NY.

Hi!

I'm Lacie. Thanks for reading my blog. :)

If you didn't know already, I have the amazing opportunity of spending this summer in the fabulous New York City. Ever since I came to this city to go on college tours my senior year of high school I knew that I loved it. It was then that I made up my mind that I'm going to live here after college.

This feeling has been nothing but confirmed during my stay here so far. It's been almost a month and I'm madly in love.

This evening was especially phenomenal. My friend and I ventured down to do some shopping (of course :p)  in SoHo but we headed out a bit later than planned and the stores closed after only an hour and a half or so of shopping. However, this did not dampen our night. Being the adventuresome duo that we are, we decided to explore the area while we were there with nothing else better to do.

Conclusion: I am living in SoHo when I move to New York. There's nothing else to it.

I love how an area can just emit this energy of style and chicness. And it's New York, so anything can happen. Just in the course of our walking around about a mile radius, we ran into a fashion shoot for a Nordstrom ad (the clothes were FABulous...a silver sequin dress, a jumper with a jacket and a classic all-black ensemble for the guy), we came across an adorable Italian coffee shop, restaurants to die for, a cupcake shop with the best rocky road brownie I have ever tasted and of course, boutiques you wouldn't be able to find anywhere else in the world. One had the most amazing men's shoes - lace up dress shoes in all different colors, from pink to baby blue.

I got so excited about my future in SoHo I could barely stand it. I began referring to things in me and Nicole's conversation as "my future _____," be it church, coffee house, apartment, anything! SoHo is one amazing place and I can guarantee that I WILL be making every imaginable excuse to go down there as much as possible for the rest of the summer. <3

Love and Style,
L.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment