Monday, July 4, 2011

Random objects make great hair accessories.

Happy 4th of July! Well, now it's the 5th of July but oh well!

My first 4th in New York was phenomenal. The floormates and I headed down to the incredibly amazing and uuber hip Meatpacking District on the Lower West Side and watched the fireworks shoot above the Hudson.

It's always interesting to see what people wear for the 4th of July. Many times you would never be able to tell that it was even a holiday, however, I always dress for the occasion. I sported denim jeans and a denim shirt with red and white tanks, though my favorite piece for today was my hair accessory.

My train of thought recently has been, "who says that an object not originally intended to be worn can't become an awesome accessory?" And so far, my answer to this question is no one!

Today for the 4th I sported a mini top hat that's blue glitter all over with a tiny red ribbon around the base. I got it at Hobby Lobby for .99 cents and it was technically supposed to be an adornment for a present, or something to stick in a plant. I, however, stuck it in my pouffy hair.

I love how Lady Gaga always puts the most random and awesome things in her hair (i.e. a teacup). I've started venturing down this road in a slightly more wearable way, now having a collection of my top hat, a couple bumble bees and a bird to perch in my hair. I have to thank my Mum for giving me the idea. She's always so creative like that. :) I without a doubt get all of my creativity from her.

Now when I go into stores I look for random objects that I can stick in my pouf. It makes life a little more exciting and a little more spontaneous - both of which are never a bad thing to create. :)

Love and Style,
L.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment