Monday, July 11, 2011

Rant of the day: the price of shoes.

So I have this pair of shoes that I absolutely adore. I wear them all the time because they just seem to make any outfit look cuter! They're Oxfords with this small, multi-colored flower print everywhere and they lace up with ivory laces. Adorable!!

I have worn these shoes so much that I can no longer wear them anymore. I was in Rite Aid the other day and was looking at which hairspray to get, as this particular store didn't cary my usual kind. I was mindlessly shifting my foot on the floor while deciding which brand to get and I felt an unusual feeling. 

This Rite Aid store has carpet as their flooring, and while I was dragging my foot back and forth on the floor while trying to make my hairspray decision, I realized that I was feeling the carpet against my skin. Confused, I lifted up my foot to see the sole of my beloved shoe and made a sad discovery. I have worn these shoes so much that I now had a huge hole underneath my right foot big toe. Thus, everywhere I went, my big toe was actually stepping on the ground. This is NYC -- that's gross.

So, with much sadness, I realized that I needed to replace my Oxfords. :( It's understandable, since I only paid $20 for them at Forever 21 at the beginning of Spring, but my heart still fell when I placed them in the trash can.  

On the bright side though? This gives me a perfectly legitimate reason to shop! :D

I've been keeping a look out wherever I go, checking all the shoe departments in the stores I pass by and what not but I just wasn't finding anything. So I decided to go back down to my beloved SoHo to this one shoe store I fell in love with before. Low and beholdddd I found a lovely pair that would be more perfect than any others I had seen throughout my course of looking. 

The price: $85.00!! >:[

Now, grant it, these are nice shoes by a designer I like a lot, Jeffrey Campbell. But $85.00?!

Looking around at the other shoes and boots too, everything was at least $50, and things in that price range seemed to be the sandals! For shoe-shoes and, heaven forbid, a pair of boots, we're talking anywhere from $65.00 to upwards of $100! [Sigh.]

Shoes are expensive. This is a realization that I had. This is also a bummer, because I really like shoes. :) Then again, I like everything having to do with style, so what's new. :p

Love and Style,
L.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment