Sunday, July 31, 2011

Big hair and the subway.

So I just wanted to say that I would have thought NY had seen it all. However, apparently they have not seen hair as big as mine, until now. If I got a dime, or even a nickel, for every time someone commented on my big hair I would have quite the hefty allowance by now. It's funny!

The subway is the best, because, see, when you're just sitting there riding to your stop, with the seats awkwardly facing each other you really don't have many options of where to stare. And if other people are anything like me, you sometimes find yourself actually concentrating on where you can stare without being awkward. Then again, there are other times when I get so involved in my own thoughts that I end up zoning out and staring basically at someone which is really awkward when you un-zone and realize what you've been doing....anyway...that's not my point.

On the subway, while you're looking for a place to look, you often look around at the people on the subway with you and while I'm trying to find a place to not awkwardly stare I tend to notice people looking at me. And I know that it's for no other reason than my big hair.

Today, this one girl who was probably about 14 kept looking over at me!! She was sitting in a not convenient place to do so too, since she was sitting directly to the right of where I was standing next to her seat so it was totally obvious what she was doing every time she would turn in her chair and look up! She must have turned to look at least 5 times in the course of three stops.

I take it as a compliment though. I like my big hair and have no intention of changing it, no matter how many awkward stares it may bring me on my subway commute. :)

Guess which one's me? :p


Love and Style,
L.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment