Monday, September 5, 2011

Suitcases and airport trips.

Hi friends, 

Apologies for my vacancy in the past couple of weeks. I feel like life is spinning on turbo speed, which is not a bad thing at all, but it certainly makes for some fast-passing days.

I can hardly believe that I leave for Italy tomorrow. I've spent the past week and a half after my fantastic Boyfriend left getting all of the details together and making all of my stuff fit into one, not two, but one suitcase that must be 50 pounds or less.

Needless to say, this has proved to be quite the difficult feat.

All of my fellow style mavens will understand when I say that packing is always one of the most fun, yet most difficult and frustrating parts of traveling. :/ It's always so fun to think of where you're going, what outfits would best fit there, etcetera, etcetera. However, when you're so limited, it's so difficult!!

For instance, right now as I write this I'm sitting in the terminal on my way back from Las Vegas for a three-day weekend trip. Packing for this trip was easier than a sinch! I simply picked out five outfits, even though I only need three, in case I didn't feel like wearing one on a certain day, got my toiletries together and voila! Even with the extra outfits, I had to put a pillow in my suitcase so that it wouldn't cave in from being so empty! Now that's awesome. 

Yet, fast forward to my trip on tomorrow? No. At an average of $60 for a second bag to fly with you over seas, there is no way I'm spending my precious travel money on a suitcase. I'm determined to make it work, no matter how hard that might be.

So far it's working out well - I weighed my bag the first time and it was 40 pounds, but that was without shoes, toiletries and jewelry. Thus, I had to take out my precious long, brown winter trench for the sake of removing at least three pounds and I added in the rest of my belongings. My scale at home said 50 pounds...I'm hoping the airport scales agree. :/

At any rate though, the point is, I have successfully fit all of my stuff for the next four months of my life in one 50-pound suitcase and a large backpack carryon. I have never done that kind of an efficient packing job in my life! I'm pretty proud. It's a whole other story once I buy anything at all abroad, however, but I'll worry about that later. :D

Love and Style,
L.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment