Saturday, October 22, 2011

An awesome day.

Today my friends and I went out shopping on one of the main streets for shopping in Rome! It's called Via del Corso, and we had some serious good times today!

We started the day off by sleeping in (something we hadn't done in a long time) and then got up, got ready and went to our friend's apartment for what was a totally awesome lunch! We had manicotti, green beans, fruit salad and periferols for dessert!

Then we headed out for a day of shopping! I had many things on my list and I found most of them, the thing I'm most excited about being real Italian boots!! There are boot stores everywhere here. Boots are so popular and you see people wearing them everywhere you turn and just as much you see boot and shoe stores everywhere you turn as well. And we're talking nice boots here.

They're usually anywhere from 135 Euro to 160 Euro and upwards, bearing in mind that it's even more when you convert it to U.S. dollars, since one Euro is equal to about $1.40, roughly. However, I am suuuuuuuch a boot fanatic. I could literally wear boots every day, no other shoes, and be completely fine. They just make me feel like I'm so set to go anywhere and they go with so many things! So, with that said, I knew that I would really like and appreciate getting a pair of Italian boots.

However, they needed to be within my price range. I decided that, rather than buying 20 small things, I would rather buy 10 nice things while I'm here in Italy. Things that will last me for a long time and things that are truly special. And alas! I found boots today! They're such nice boots - brown, distressed suede with wooden soles that are going to be so great for walking around on all of the uneven, unfilled in cobblestone that is literally everywhere in Rome. It's so difficult to walk on because it's so uneven, it hurts your feet and scuffs up your cheap shoes something awful! But these are so sturdy and just walking home I could even tell that it was so much nicer walking with the thick, wooden bottom. Italian items are so well made. I've noticed that with clothes, shoes and handbags alike. Everything is leather and everything is real, classy, so nice and truly well made. You indeed may have to pay more, but the quality of the items is guaranteed to be nicer.

My new boots are so well made, real suede and they're made in Italy, bought in an authentic Italian shoe store (not some chain store; they are an actual Italian leather and such shoe store) and I only paid 110 Euro. Grant it, that is a lot more than I think I have ever spent on boots, but I am soooo happy and so excited to wear them. I got something that is truly special and that I can cherish for years to come.

I love shopping and I love Italian boots!!!!

Love and Style,
L.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment