Monday, October 24, 2011

Viva Roma!

Anyone who might know me would know that I, of all people, am not a sports person. I'm much, much more on the side of music and arts rather than sports. I've been to a few sporting events in my life, but it's never been something I get really excited about.

However, coming to Italy, I definitely wanted to see a soccer game, since soccer is so, so popular here, and yesterday was my chance! My school put on an outing to a soccer game at the Olympic Stadium here in Rome and tickets for us were only 10 Euro! 

The game was Roma versus Palermo and I was, I can't believe I'm going to say this, extremely excited to go! My roommate and I got Roma shirts with the team colors on it and wore them proudly yesterday!  Of course, I had to keep it stylish, so I also rocked my new brown suede Italian boots and Louis Vuitton tote bag, but that's beside the point. :p

There was just such an energy about it all. The fans were so supportive of their home team - much more than I have ever seen in my (be it little) sports experience. They were so passionate and so involved, it was wonderful.

By the end of it, I was even humming the Roma chant song in my head, though I couldn't really make out the words with the -what seemed like- thousands of people singing it all together.

And soccer is a good sport for me I'm realizing. If I had to choose one to watch, I think it would be soccer. Games are only 90 minutes without stopping the clock, plus some added time at the end, and then that's it! I can totally handle that. :)

My roommate and I both said we would love to go to another game while we're here, so we are now on the lookout for a guest team we would like to see Roma play. 

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really loved that soccer game yesterday! It was so much fun and the atmosphere was out of this world. I can't wait to go again!!

Love and Style,
L.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment